Monday, December 30, 2013

Take a breath... it's over.

It's been a while. I apologize. I'm sure this season has been busy for all of us and the time to sit down and type a few things... well, it never presented itself. I had all these ideas of grandeur of getting the house put together and all those little chores that never get done on the regular were going to be fulfilled and.... yeah, that didn't happen. The first two days of our Christmas vacation were great. Junk drawer cleaned, laundry DONE, shoe bins cleaned up and organized, etc. Now we are down to our last week of no school and all that has to be redone including all of the normal stuff that has been put off and all those new wonderful toys to be put away... somewhere.... 

I guess I should start by saying that we celebrated Theodore's 3rd birthday!!! And by 'celebrate' I mean we all said "happy birthday". No party, no cake, no presents. I don't mean to sound heartless, but it just wasn't happening this year. He didn't know, people, okay. And why put more stress on ourselves about planning something like that amidst the busiest time of year when he can't even eat cake? We love him. We reminisced. We thanked God for him again. And we called it a day. 

And let me tell you something, this 3 year old is getting big!! Walking has still not been attained. But he is able to, with some patience, get balance and stand on his own for a few seconds. And instead of falling over he semi-gracefully just sits down. He's learning more signs and we just keep adding to our list for communication. More, song, momma, daddy, head, book, out, hi and bye- are all signs he does regularly. Please, thank you, good morning, eat, no, open, help, dog, cat, sleep, bed, bath, careful- are just a few that are in our repertoire. He desperately wants to communicate and we are trying to help him figure out how. 

Theodore also seems to be going through a rough stage. Pulling hair, slapping faces, uncontrollable swinging of hands, scratching, bouncing and moving during a diaper change. It's not super fun.

Christmas was amazing. We awoke to HUGE bags of presents for the kids filled by a wonderful anonymous donor who heard of our family somehow. I must say that we celebrate Christmas because of Jesus, but my heart was a little saddened that we only had two presents under the tree for each kid. God had that under control apparently because we had to do our Christmas morning on Christmas Eve morning or we would not have had time to open everything. God is good. And so is that lovely lady who 'adopted' us. Thank you! And there was a 'little' something in there for me and Ben to enjoy as well!

Back to Theodore... we are still working on schooling. It looks like he will be attending school. We have met the nurse who will be with him for transport and the entirety of the day. She is wonderful. Thank God! Now I have to get together social security cards, birth certificates, one of my kidneys, and part of my heart to officially register him for school. (I guess there's a lot of school fraud??? I don't know.) We should be having our final meeting sometime this month and then it's finally time for mommy to have a heart attack as I will be watching him GET ON A BUS AND LEAVE!!!!! My throat is starting to tighten just thinking about it. I'm gonna need to make sure I have a full prescription of anxiety meds before this happens. 

My plan is to be more active on here. I've said that before I know, but I really mean it this time. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, Merry Christmas a little late, and Happy New Year!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment